The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Christian Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-would-be-interested-in-your-thoughts-on-30297682.aspx

Subject:  Re: Cardinal Carlo Martini Date:  10/3/2012  1:57 PM
Author:  NigelGlitter Number:  183200 of 196099

I would be interested in your thoughts on Somalia, then. Not trying to be a pain, just trying to relate what you said to real-world observations.

Somalia, Lebanon, Yugoslavia, Rwanda, Sudan, etc. all involve multiple cultures within the geographic area. Yugoslavia's solution was to give each culture its own separate country, and the USSR sort of did the same. We pretty much just crushed and dominated the different culture we found here when we expanded west.

From what I understand about Somalia, there is a lack of central social structure, but there is localized social order maintained by the smaller groups. Even the pirates may be ruthless, but they have order and rules that allow them to be successful at their trade.

Cambodia is the only one that comes to mind where a country just up and went BSC without a bunch of different groups trying to kill each other off.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us