The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Words, Words, Words


Subject:  Re: What is it called? Date:  10/3/2012  2:33 PM
Author:  sheila727 Number:  12646 of 14846

That sounds the exact opposite to me.
The dictionary definition of billabong sounds like a distributary but instead of going to the sea it goes nowhere. Not at all like the diagram in your OP, where the sediment buildup has basically converted a fork in the river to a tributary of the river (assuming the new tributary is still fed by underground streams and such, otherwise it would dry up.) there a riverologist in the house? We need a professional to weigh in here.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us