The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/do-you-have-the-recipe-for-that-if-so-could-i-30298071.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Lunch Date:  10/3/2012  4:30 PM
Author:  1DEG Number:  867723 of 883901

Do you have the recipe for that? If so, could I have it, please?

Sure. I cooked a cup of barley in two cups of veggie broth on the stove. At the same time, I put a small head of garlic in some foil with a little olive oil and roasted for about 45 minutes. When it was about done, I sauteed half a large onion, minced in some olive oil. Then I added some quartered button mushrooms and a handful or two of finely chopped kale (minus the stems). Once those were mostly cooked, I added two zucchini, chopped and cooked until everything was done. I drained and rinsed a jar of roasted red peppers and then minced them. Mix the barley and all the veggies in a large bowl. In another bowl, mash up the roasted garlic pulp with some salt. Whisk in about 3 T of white wine vinegar and then about 3 T olive oil. (I like my vinaigrette really vinegary. The more traditional ratio of 1 part vinegar to 4 parts oil is too oily for me, but use whatever ratio makes you happy.) Pour the dressing over the salad and let sit in the fridge a while.

I had it for dinner last night, and it was even better for lunch today. This made 4 nice servings.

DEG
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us