The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Building / Maintaining a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-have-a-countertop-toaster-oven-that-i-use-30298243.aspx

Subject:  Re: Just How Necessary is That Conventional Oven Date:  10/3/2012  5:45 PM
Author:  Radish Number:  122383 of 129111

I have a countertop toaster oven that I use occasionally for reheating, but it's incredibly uneven due to proximity to the heating elements. — jeffbrig

But I'd read because they're far less insulated than a traditional over, they actually give off a lot of heat, so you don't really save on not trying to heat up your kitchen by going with a toaster versus traditional oven. — MetroChick

I've thought a few times about getting a small countertop oven (aka toaster oven) because my regular oven takes forever to heat up and I suspect is very expensive to operate. But at quick glance, the toaster ovens I've seen seem to be vastly inferior to regular ovens. As posted, the heating elements are poorly placed and none seem to have any significant insulation. Plus the controls are usually very poor.

But perhaps I've just looked at the wrong ovens, or haven't looked hard enough (admittedly, I haven't looked very hard at all). Anyone know of any countertop ovens that have stable, evenly-distributed, accurately-selectable temperature, effective insulation, efficient operation, and quality build? Probably there's something in the commercial kitchen world... or maybe not, since they don't seem to be overly concerned with insulation usually.

Phil
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us