The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Help With This Home Theater

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-slowly-collecting-them-i-have-some-dvds-and-30298408.aspx

Subject:  Re: Do You Own a Movie Collection? Date:  10/3/2012  7:20 PM
Author:  1poorguy Number:  9630 of 10547

I'm slowly collecting them. I have some DVDs, and now am collecting BluRay. My collection is NOT extensive. We lucked into a sale at WB not long ago, and I obtained the complete Harry Potter at about $9 per movie (BluRay). A few years ago Costco had the boxed sets of Babylon 5 at a good price, so I got those. I simply had to have Firefly, so I bought the series (and the movie Serenity) on DVD. I managed to get the 15th anniversary edition of Stargate recently for around $8 (BluRay sale).

Every so often we'll spot a sale on a title we like, and we'll pick it up. I got Swordfish that way, for example. And EdTV. But I don't pay $15 (or more) for a disc (though I may have for Serenity...but that's a special case!). If it's under $10, I consider it. Though most movies after I've seen it once I'm done. There aren't that many movies I enjoy seeing more than once (since I know the ending after the first viewing).

I'd guess I have maybe 30 titles. Give or take (taking the Babylon 5 series as '5' since there are 5 boxes, 1 per season).
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us