The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Health and Nutrition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-reckon-its-a-bit-pretentious-30298443.aspx

Subject:  Re: NuSi (...and Taubes) Date:  10/3/2012  7:46 PM
Author:  sheila727 Number:  37932 of 40872

I reckon it's a bit pretentious, really.....especially seeing as Taubesie has a tendancy to totally ignore (or misrepresent) research that doesn't comport with his low carb zealotry.

Not only can you not condemn him for something you think he MIGHT do in the future, he's already stated that he realizes the results of anticipated studies may not be in line with what he's been advising. He was very clear about that. And very clear about avoiding all of the flaws that compromise the results from most dietary studies. Pretentious? I don't see it.

I wonder what this means at the end of the article..

...Credit: Alfred A. Knopf...

Knopf is the publisher who puts out Taubes's books. Couldn't be a publicity stunt, of course.

No. It couldn't be. And it isn't. Do you see the photo of the book cover for Taubes' book in the upper left part of the blog? Alfred A. Knopf, the publisher, allowed use of that reproduction, and that is what the "credit" acknowledges. It's required in publishing when you reprint someone else's artwork.

sheila
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us