The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/right-now-ss-is-70-of-my-monthly-income-30298780.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: retirement income Date:  10/3/2012  11:00 PM
Author:  Donna405 Number:  45752 of 59691

Right now, SS is 70% of my monthly income. However, I have not touched my ROTH or SEP (except to convert the stocks in my SEP to my ROTH). I may have to take some cash out of my ROTH to pay for rehabbing the FL house; however, I will not have to sell any stocks, which mostly are good dividend payers right now. I am just reinvesting the dividends and when I need the income, I will stop reinvesting and just collect the dividends in cash when needed. Since I have earned income, I will deposit my 2011 tax refunds back into my ROTH (which gives me a SC tax break when filing SC taxes for 2012. Due to the identity theft relative to the 2011 tax return, I must snail-mail it along with an Affidavit, so who knows when I'll receive the refund. Same for SC, although no one filed a fraudulent SC return.)

I have one stock in my SEP, and will just convert it when I turn 70-1/2, the time I have to take RMD's.

Several years ago, I made it a point to learn to live on $1500 per month, and have been very successful. My income is more than that, but with the additional income, I save some and some I spend frivously (like to wonderful trip planned to Mt. Pleasant.)

Donna
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us