The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/but-is-was-point-after-point-with-no-media-there-30300126.aspx

Subject:  Re: Romney is Brilliant! Date:  10/4/2012  1:39 PM
Author:  rjf53 Number:  63938 of 72005

But is was point after point with no media there to protect Obama from the core issues.

Just because a infomercial is effective doesn't really make it a slam dunk that you will be happy when the package is delivered to your door.

1) Emphatically stated he will work with Democrats as much as Repubs and has the history to prove he can and would do that. IMO, I believe we would find him to be more moderate so liberal don't need to fear him.

LOL, right after he repeals something that Democreats have fought for for 80 years (Obamacare) I assume.:<)

You seem to be overlooking that in Massachusetts he really had no alternative but to tilt to the left, just as he had no alternative but to reinvent himself by tilting hard right if he wanted the Republican nomination. That IMO has nothing to do with "working together" it's simply being opportunistic (some might call it a lack of any core values). Frankly, it isn't hard for me to imagine Romney working with Democrats but it is nearly impossible for me to imagine him standing up to the ideologues in his own party.

So in short and with apologies to Bob Dylan the answer to our problems my friend is not electing someone who will change every time the wind blows. Whether you like his claims about what he believes, or will do, there is simply no precedent indicating that it is a high probability event that he will accomplish/act in the manner he claims.

Even so, it is very clear when Romney and Obama are not protected by media bias or teleprompters and all issues are on the table, people can see them for what they are.

Believe it or not, as I read the others points you make I actually try to understand your position even when I disagree. Then you write stuff like this and I ask myself; what's the point?

I thought you left for the weekend?

B
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us