The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-poll-reporting-is-in-response-to-wishful-30300392.aspx

Subject:  Re: Romney is Brilliant! Date:  10/4/2012  3:05 PM
Author:  tamhas Number:  63941 of 70735

My poll reporting is in response to wishful thinking on the part of posters here who think one isolated poll means something. I added this one, even though it is one poll, because of Tinker's repeated (incorrect) claims that Obama can't be reelected because he has less than 50% popularity. Well, not only do people get elected with less than 50% popularity, but now we have a data point solidly above 50%.

As for next week, nothing in the debate is likely to lower this number. Romney's own popularity, which has been in the toilet, much lower than Obama's, might rise a little.

As for the impact on the presidential horse race or electoral map, we'll see. So many people have made up their minds this year, that it would be surprising if last night either decided a lot or converted a lot. I do know that if Romney doesn't get a good bump, it is looking bad for him.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us