The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotbut-goofyhoofy-is-quotbrilliantquot-so-30300411.aspx

Subject:  Re: GoofyHoofy Pick Up The Red Courtesy Phone Date:  10/4/2012  3:12 PM
Author:  LuckyDog2002 Number:  647015 of 725892

"but goofyhoofy is "brilliant", so you two can't be right ;0)." - 2828

Goofyhoofy is brilliant and oftentimes his arguments stump ya'll. I don't have to agree with everything somebody believes or says to think they are brilliant.

I am a believer and believe in God and an afterlife. Goofyhoofy doesn't. He seems to be a hard core atheist and that is okay. It really doesn't matter to me. There are people I love who are conservative, Republican and people that I love who are liberal Democrats. It is irrelevant to me.

I am highly suspicious of free will and lean heavily towards fate and predestination. Perhaps it has to do with the way our brains are hardwired. Some of us are hardwired to be believers and some atheists, some of us are hardwired to be liberal and some hard wired to be conservative.

It is a temporary problem and after we cross over none of it will make a bit of difference.

Artie

>>>>>>>>>>

Art, do you believe you control your hands?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us