The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/after-increasing-government-spending-by-224-30300519.aspx

Subject:  Re: A vote for Obama is a vote for recession Date:  10/4/2012  3:55 PM
Author:  CM001 Number:  647030 of 748978

After increasing government spending by 22.4 percent
Setting aside ideology for a second, at 2009 we had a free falling economy, we were losing close to 1 M jobs. Do you think any government, doesn't matter who the president is, would have just stepped back and watched the free fall to take place?

It is ridiculous to suggest debt had gone up without looking at the context.

Also, keynesian, I am no economist never studied economics, if I understand correctly, is cutting back on good times and spending on bad times.

The problem is during the normal times we had an administration which conducted two wars, enacted multiple tax cuts and increased medicare. All of which are utterly irresponsible thing.

Somehow I am not convinced I heard anything positive from Romney either.

He wants to cut taxes, increase defense spending by $500 billion (for what?) and how exactly he is gong to balance the budget and deal with deficits?

While I hear let us cut the spending chorus, but when it comes to details, really no one wants to cut anything. Can Republicans come out openly and say we want to roll back medicare prescription coverage? After all medicare is an entitlement and we should be able to revert that right?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us