The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Health and Nutrition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/wow-a-500-word-reply-lets-focus-i-was-only-30300615.aspx

Subject:  Re: NuSi (...and Taubes) Date:  10/4/2012  4:31 PM
Author:  RodimusPrime Number:  37946 of 41114

Wow. A 500-word reply. Let's focus...

I was only suggesting that you could withhold judgement that Taubes's experiments will be a net benefit to nutrition science. You seemed to be biased from his journalism. Please don't make assumptions on how Taubsian I am or how susceptible to scientific hucksterism I am. This is what makes it difficult to have a conversation with you. Your tone tends towards that of a know-it-all, instead being a compassionate and cooperative partner down the road of scientific inquiry. You yourself may have already been to the end of this road before -- and honestly, congratulations! -- but try to be a better teacher for the rest of us who are still figuring things out. You are indeed very smart and I do value what you know, but I still need your help in accepting your ideas because right now your black-or-white attitude is getting in the way. Please, don't take this the wrong way. I do agree with a lot of what you say.

--Rod
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us