The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Birds of a Feather / Baby Boomers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/and-then-perhaps-ill-be-done-with-family-drama-30300984.aspx

Subject:  Re: RIP Dad Date:  10/4/2012  7:44 PM
Author:  Professor9 Number:  190898 of 193212

and then perhaps I'll be done with family drama for a while.

Here's hoping.

As the designee and eldest grandchild taking care of Grandma's arrangements (though she'd done an incredible job of preparation) I began to get really weary of dealing with the fam damily in fairly short order. The cousin who was going through some sort of trauma rendering her more worthless than usual, the self-centered old man, still trying to make things about him and pleading to "not leave the old folks out of things," trying to get people synchronized and keeping the enduring cold war between the divorced aunt and uncle at bay and of course trying to make sure things went the way she wanted and doing my own grieving. Lordy, what a relief when it was over and done and to be frank I'm still unhappy with the one cousin, though her sister was the opposite in every way and I couldn't have done it without her.

This isn't about me, honestly. Just a long, windy way to say I sympathize and wish you only the best, which is certainly what you deserve.

Prof
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us