The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Conservative Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-impression-is-that-it-took-almost-15-minutes-30300991.aspx

Subject:  Re: 0bama's 2nd debate Date:  10/4/2012  7:49 PM
Author:  MichaelRead Number:  106818 of 132689

My impression is that it took almost 15 minutes before the President realized his preparatory debate program with Kerry (who served in Viet Nam) was nothing like what he was experiencing with Mitt Romney. I believe Romney got that and knew he’d have the President on the verbal ropes. Which, at about the 15 minute mark, it began to show.

At this point the President became flustered realizing his talking points were ammunition being used against him. Pre-debate exercises with Kerry (did I say he served in Viet Nam?) were so off base the President was left hanging like a chad in the wind.

My guess is Kerry (a Viet Nam vet) in the pre-debate training tossed responses so the President could lob back his favored talking points and then in doing so believed he was ready for the debate. I am sure there were high fives as the President creamed Kerry (served in Viet Nam) on each raised topic.

The next debate will be interesting if the President has a pre-debate interaction with someone aiming body blows. There may be a chance of this if they can find someone who can cut a jugular but my guess is no one at this stage wants to make the President angry by pointing out holes.

MichaelR
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us