The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Christian Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-with-ben-mostly-as-a-sophomore-in-college-30301262.aspx

Subject:  Re: What do you think? Date:  10/4/2012  10:26 PM
Author:  1poorguy Number:  183278 of 195897

I'm with Ben mostly.

As a sophomore in college (age 19-20?) I don't know what I would have done. I might have dropped my feet, I might have ignored her, I doubt I would have told her off. If she looked like a professor I would have been more likely to acquiesce.

As a 49-yr old? I'd say "if I were in your country I would apologize profusely, but as I'm in my country I can put my feet up if I like".

Depending on body language I may or may not take it as a threat (if I did I'd stand up and be ready for her...perhaps silently assert that I'm an average-sized American male, and she isn't...).**

1poorguy

**Did that with my step-mother once. She was p-o'd about something and started poking me with her finger, trying to push me back. I was sick of that after so many years. I leaned into her and didn't budge. I think she realized at that moment that I was bigger and stronger, and she never did it again. 1poorlady is the only person who can do that to me and get away with it. :-)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us