The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

Subject:  Re: After 4 more years of Obama... Date:  10/5/2012  12:42 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  647099 of 846927

"It may have been Cincinnati, Ohio though? Our AALAS meetings were always in ratty towns." - Art
"I like Cincinnati and find it full of charm and character and not "ratty" at all. (Well, maybe some parts...) Too socially conservative a town for me, though. I'll always remember Cincinnati as the city where the police shut down the Robert Mapplethorpe exhibit." andrew

Our meetings were rarely in cool places like Orlando, San Diego, San Francisco, etc. About the coolest nicest town we had a meeting in was Chicago. We spent a week there one year at an AALAS meeting. Oh, on second thought we did have a meeting in Denver, CO one year. That was pretty nice too.

The year before I started they went to San Antonio, Texas and I was told that was a really nice place to have a meeting. Everyone liked it there. Good food and nightlife.

I went to Baltimore one year and we went to the Harbor and the aquarium. Went to a meeting in Boston one year. That was okay. Ate a giant lobster there which was paid for by Pharmacal. That was amazing.

I had to fly to all these places. Not fond of flying but I just sucked it up and did it because it was part of my job. Going to the yearly AALAS meeting was obligatory.

Copyright 1996-2016 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us