The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotit-may-have-been-cincinnati-ohio-though-30301417.aspx

Subject:  Re: After 4 more years of Obama... Date:  10/5/2012  12:42 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  647099 of 734988

"It may have been Cincinnati, Ohio though? Our AALAS meetings were always in ratty towns." - Art
-----------------------------
"I like Cincinnati and find it full of charm and character and not "ratty" at all. (Well, maybe some parts...) Too socially conservative a town for me, though. I'll always remember Cincinnati as the city where the police shut down the Robert Mapplethorpe exhibit." andrew

--------------

Our meetings were rarely in cool places like Orlando, San Diego, San Francisco, etc. About the coolest nicest town we had a meeting in was Chicago. We spent a week there one year at an AALAS meeting. Oh, on second thought we did have a meeting in Denver, CO one year. That was pretty nice too.

The year before I started they went to San Antonio, Texas and I was told that was a really nice place to have a meeting. Everyone liked it there. Good food and nightlife.

I went to Baltimore one year and we went to the Harbor and the aquarium. Went to a meeting in Boston one year. That was okay. Ate a giant lobster there which was paid for by Pharmacal. That was amazing.

I had to fly to all these places. Not fond of flying but I just sucked it up and did it because it was part of my job. Going to the yearly AALAS meeting was obligatory.

Artie
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us