The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Improve the Fool

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/recent-ipad-problem-30301921.aspx

Subject:  Recent iPad problem Date:  10/5/2012  10:23 AM
Author:  Goofyhoofy Number:  87103 of 89145

1) When posting to the Motley Fool on the iPad, I have a browser window, click on "Reply", type in my response. If I want to include a link from another publication, I open a new window, find the link, copy the link, return to the original posting window, the window "reloads" to the "Post Reply" window, which is blank. All of my prior typing disappears.

To copy anything from another source requires multiple trips back and forth to a window (1) headline 2) a bit of text body and 3) URL). This makes it impossible, as during at least one of these trips the page reloads and the "reply box" returns as blank.

I used to get around this by hitting "Preview Reply", going to the other window, copying whatever (1, 2, or 3), returning to the original post, hitting "Edit Message" - but now even if I do that, I am returned to a blank reply box, as though I hadn't even gone to the "Preview Reply" page.

Why does the iPad think it needs to reload the page afresh every time, and take me to a new, blank, posting window?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us