The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Health Care Reform

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/its-my-understanding-that-the-cbo-bases-its-30302424.aspx

Subject:  Re: It's official -- $1 trillion and counting Date:  10/5/2012  1:02 PM
Author:  fleg9bo Number:  3936 of 4332

It's my understanding that the CBO bases its Obamacare cost estimates on what parts of Obamacare are actually implemented at the time of the report and then extrapolates that out over 10 years. In other words, the latest report is based on those features that are in force in 2012. If my understanding is correct (and it might not be), then the projected costs will soar mightily in 2014 when all the subsidies kick in -- when my early-retired millionaire friend gets 2/3 of his premiums subsidized by those of your kids and grandkids who are fortunate enough to be employed and by additional debt assumed, to be paid back by said kids and grandkids during their working lives, assuming they'll remain employed as we become ever more Greece-like.

--fleg
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us