The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-everyone-you-guys-are-great-were-going-30302679.aspx

Subject:  Re: Pension info to consider Date:  10/5/2012  2:46 PM
Author:  gogreengo Number:  71014 of 76243

Thanks everyone! You guys are great! We're going to call them and ask a few questions, especially: What happens if he chooses to wait and take pension benefits at 65, but passes away before then? And, is there a cost of living allowance?

Other facts to mention:

My husband is in generally okay health. But, he is overweight and doesn't exercise. His triglycerides are high, and glucose should be a bit lower. And there is heart disease in his family.

We have 20-year term life on him for $750k (will bring us to age 62, costs $54 a month, can be renewed when the term is over), plus there's another 100k through his work, for a total of 850k. That helps me sleep better at night!

I am not legally disabled, but I am "dis-abled" in that I would find it hard to work right now due to some health stuff. I do have marketable skills, but if/when I do work again it will be as a self-employed person.

I'll get back with additional info soon.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us