The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Conservative Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/right-which-was-more-bad-planning-than-anything-30302820.aspx

Subject:  Re: Funny Fallon Video Date:  10/5/2012  3:48 PM
Author:  warrl Number:  106879 of 135234

Right. Which was more bad planning than anything else. He had a way too aggressive agenda, and would have had to have a very heavy moderating hand, preventing much serious discussion or back-and-forth, in order to get to it. Much better to err on the side of not getting through everything on his list. I would like to think that the take-home message for the future would be to have a less-aggressive agenda and allow the banter to go on as long as it doesn't become a talking points battle. But again, since left-wingers are looking to blame the moderator and format for 0bama not winning, that probably won't happen.

I don't even necessarily agree that it was bad planning.

If he had looked up at the candidates and said "Gentlemen, we still have half an hour, but I have no more questions for you", THAT would have been bad planning.

Far better to have plenty of material and then not use all of it. Particularly if he weighted the more-important parts (however he would determine them) toward the front.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us