The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Building / Maintaining a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/gee-im-replying-to-my-own-post-speaking-of-30303369.aspx

Subject:  Re: Water! Date:  10/5/2012  9:43 PM
Author:  Donna405 Number:  122434 of 127356

Gee, I'm replying to my own post. Speaking of water, our condo complex received the Sept. water bill from the City of Columbia (SC). Last month, my building (6 units) incurred at $157.06 water bill for an entire month. This month it was $942.33. It appears that the City has some computer problems. In any event, I have written the City and advised that they have a TREMENDOUS problem, and we expect it to be fixed prior to our water bill being debited from our HOA bank account. According to the "Press Release", the City advises it will not refund any money. We have requested a re-reading, and I do expect the City to call me regarding this.

If not, I advised them that we would seek legal help from our attorney, who used to be an Assistant City Attorney, due to the fact the City said no refund.

This is ridiculous. As a note, about 8 buildings out of 21 incurred an increase of 300% or more.

Donna
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us