The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / BBQ, Art of, Fun(ky), The

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/though-after-seeing-some-of-the-homemade-offset-30303372.aspx

Subject:  Re: Meat Grinder on sale Date:  10/5/2012  9:46 PM
Author:  NoIDAtAll Number:  77734 of 83218

Though after seeing some of the homemade offset smokers, you have me wanting to find one of those (I have no welder, and don't know how to weld even if I could get one).

I had dinner last night at a friend's family's home - It's kind of become a pretty regular Thursday night tradition. Ju Gong cooks, I try to bring something - A 12-pack of beer for the guys, some ice cream, candy apples, cake, cheese cake, strawberries, etc. 2 retired military vets usually show up, Oscar and Col. Bob - Actually, 3, or sometimes 4, people with the nickname of "Bob" show up, so it helps to nickname the nickname - I'm commonly referred to as either "Insurance Bob" (my day job) or "Chainsaw Bob", a more recent and moderate venture. I've insured Ju's (Joe) and his wife, Estela's restaurants and the cars for maybe the past 8 or 7 years - Both are very good cooks and very personable people...

Anyway, I got to talking, after a few beers, about making a reverse flow offset smoker with a warmer cylinder over the fire box. Oscar offered a defunct hot water heater that he has for the main cooking chamber. Col. Bob ad