The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/who-cares-how-much-you-make-if-you-have-a-30303404.aspx

Subject:  Re: Rationing Health Care => You bet Date:  10/5/2012  10:08 PM
Author:  2828 Number:  647288 of 757322

Who cares how much you make, if you have a pre-existing condition, you can't get health insurance.
---------------------------------------------------------
We didn't need to pretty much socialize healthcare to cover people that had pre-existing conditions and couldn't afford coverage.
Who cares how young you are, if you are only making 20k a year, you can't afford health insurance.
It matters because there are young kids out there that do not want to bother paying for insurance, if you read the link you can get high deductible policies for less than $100 a month if you're young. I'm 46 and i have a high deductible policy for $250 a month. When i had a business i remember when we told our employees we were going to cover health insurance, their reaction was the same as my older sisters reaction when she got luggage for Christmas. They didn't want it and asked if we could just give them money instead.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us