The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Atheist Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/as-your-congressman-i-hold-the-holy-bible-as-30304357.aspx

Subject:  Re: BBT, Evolution, & Embryology: Lies from Hell Date:  10/6/2012  3:48 PM
Author:  lindytoes Number:  410496 of 443869

[A]s your congressman I hold the holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I’ll continue to do that.”

No you don't, Representative Broun. You use your private interpretation of the Bible to tell you how to vote. In fact, here's my challenge. The next time you vote on a bill, you let us know what Bible passage you used to justify your vote, and I'll find another Bible passage that will say you should have voted the other way.

What's really upsetting? Broun is an M.D. and has a B.S in Chemistry.
What's even more upsetting? He's running unopposed.

---------------------
This guy is my representative. This isn't his only crazy talk. How would you like it if you had this numskull for your representative, someone who does nothing substantive to earn his salary and big benefits? As a taxpayer, I am disgusted with my money going to idiots like him. We are wasting our money with this Neanderthal. He already qualifies for some pension because he has passed the 5 year mark by January. I am absolutely in favor of reducing benefits and establishing term limits for members of Congress, but that will never happen because they control the process.

It's a travesty that he and others like him are on important committees; it defies logic. I don't have any idea how to do anything about guys like him. I've voted for his opponent - even in the Republican primary. But it never does any good. What can any of us do when we live in a mostly rural, red district with people who do not care that their representative is literally an ignoramus?

It's always nice to vent here on the boards. I do it all the time.

other Broun witticisms
"A Republican congressman from Georgia said Monday he fears that President-elect Obama will establish a Gestapo-like security force to impose a Marxist dictatorship." "That's exactly what Hitler did in Nazi Germany and it's exactly what the Soviet Union did. When he's proposing to have a national security force that's answering to him, that is as strong as the U.S. military, he's showing me signs of being Marxist."

http://www.salon.com/2010/08/31/will_bunch_the_backlash/
The right-wing congressman made for the Obama age
Paul Broun is the perfect embodiment of the right-wing backlash that has greeted Barack Obama's presidency
But with much less fanfare, Broun has been working quietly with a coalition of extreme right-wing outfits — not just the Tea Parties but even with groups on the more out-there fringe like the John Birch Society and members of the Oath Keepers. In doing so, Broun is now in a race with the libertarian Ron Paul of Texas to be the most extreme right-wing member of the 111th Congress. And in 2009-10, that is quite an achievement.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us