The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/yesterday-a-caller-to-a-local-radio-talk-show-30304524.aspx

Subject:  Re: I'm not going into that house Date:  10/6/2012  6:19 PM
Author:  andrew61 Number:  647447 of 757800

Yesterday, a caller to a local radio talk show identified herself as a realtor. She recounted an incident where she was going to show a home for sale to a medical doctor. The doctor had previewed the home on-line and was very interested in the home located in a wealthy Pittsburgh suburb,

The realtor drives the doctor to the house in her car. They arrived and she wonders why the doctor won't get out of the car. The doctor leans over and states, "I won't step foot in that house" and then launched into a diatribe about Obamacare. The realtor looks at the house's yard and spots Obama yard signs. Oops. Note to home owner, "Remove Obama yard signs."

Personally, I find that silly. If you're shopping for a house, you want a place and location you like and that suits your needs the best, and a price that's right. Who cares about the political persuasions of the seller?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us