The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Mastering Quicken

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thinking-of-upgrading-to-q-2013-dont--30304634.aspx

Subject:  Thinking of upgrading to Q-2013 ... DON'T ! Date:  10/6/2012  8:13 PM
Author:  stockmover Number:  9993 of 10392

Hey Guys,

FWIW ... I am currently running the 2010 Deluxe version of Quicken. I usually upgrade Quicken every 3 years. But I always read the Quicken reviews before updating my PC. Well, it looks like Q2013 has major problems. Below is just one of the 13 negative reviews just on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Intuit-419360-Quicken-Deluxe-Download/...

Needless to say, I am holding off (maybe permanently) upgrading to Q-13.

Rich
Arizona

1.0 out of 5 stars Quicken 2013 ruined my day, October 6, 2012
By
Warren R. Moe (Atlantic Highlands, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quicken Deluxe 2013 [Download] (Software Download)

Last evening I downloaded Quicken 2013. The advertised mobile/iPad app is exactly what I've been hoping Quicken would add.
I have been using Quicken 2011.
Product installation went OK and it seemed to import all of my Quicken 2011 data OK.
When I went to update my accounts, Quicken 2013 first wanted me to register the product.
So far so good.
After entering name & address, etc., it told me that I had successfully registered and gave me a button marked "Finish"', which I clicked.
THE PROGRAM FROZE COMPLETELY.
I had to use Task Manager to get out of it.

I contacted Intuit support by email and sent screen shots of what I was experiencing.
This morning I followed up with their Chat support line.
I got responses from both channels saying that I should uninstall then reinstall in C:\Quicken rather than the default directory.
I was assured all would be fine.
I tried that. Twice. All was not fine.
Every time I got to the end of product registration, Quicken 2013 froze completely.

Adding to my frustration is that the 2013 installation process uninstalled Quicken 2011. I don't have the download to reinstall Quicken 2011 and if it's on Intuit's website,I couldn't find it.

So now I have a request in to Intuit that they 1) tell me how to reinstall 2011 and 2) refund my purchase of 2013.
If they can do that, I'll be back where I was, having lost only a day.
If they can't do that, I will spit on their corporate grave.

Do not upgrade to Quicken 2013 unless and until you see through review in this forum or similar that they have released a useable product

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us