The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/nothing-new-needs-to-be-said-that-wasnt-said-30305282.aspx

Subject:  Re: Spin This Date:  10/7/2012  12:46 PM
Author:  notehound Number:  1822006 of 1932929

Nothing new needs to be said that wasn't said when that video was first aired over four years ago.

That may be the case with some of the old videos, but the Hampton University speech appears to be a case in which Obama is issuing a veiled invitation for serious racial confrontation. The following direct quote is just one of several controversial statements from that speech that have no other purpose but to incite racial confrontation - if not violence - or at least to encourage fear and distrust.

“I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but rich people are all for nonviolence. Why wouldn’t they be? They’ve got what they want. They want to make sure people don’t take their stuff..."

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/10/obama-rich-people-ar...

If you read the transcript of that speech, Obama claims to be "coming to terms" with America's history (for what purpose is not mentioned). However, his use of "vivid imagery" such as repeatedly describing bullets inflicted on minorities indicates that he has poor judgment if not necessarily malevolent intent.

Is it any wonder that people are afraid to put out yard signs supporting Romney? I have personally had people tell me they don't put Romney bumper stickers or yard signs for fear of inviting vandalism, destruction of property or worse.

There are more than a few reports from various parts of the country of Romney supporters being targeted this campaign season. Just Google "Romney supporters targeted" or "Romney signs targeted."

A rational person I know (with advanced academic degrees) recently told me he is concerned that, if Romney were to win the election, there would be race riots.

Based on his history and his speeches, it appears that Obama is quite comfortable with rhetoric that is designed to increase racial tension.

That is extremely unfortunate - and is utterly unnecessarily provocative in the "colorblind society" that most Americans have sincerely and consistently attempted to establish.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us