The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Apple User's Group

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/you-can-certainly-have-a-bad-battery-but-you-can-30305461.aspx

Subject:  Re: iPhone4s Battery? Date:  10/7/2012  3:22 PM
Author:  TwoCybers Number:  61054 of 65779

You can certainly have a bad battery. But you can also have a software problem on our iPhone which will use power very, very rapidly. I had such an issue.

Here is the diagnostic I was give by Apple -

Open up Settings; Click on General; Click on Usage
Scroll down until you find the section named "Time since last full charge" If the "Usage" and "Standby" times are the same (and not zero), then you have an Application that has go crazy.

At that point, Apple will tell you to do a Restore to the Factory new condition and to manually download and re-install everything. This is a PITA because you will get nothing form any backup. All Application must come fresh from Apple. All your Photos, Podcasts, etc through iTunes from your PC. Of course you get to re-enter all your email mail passwords and perhaps your mail servers -- it just depends on whether or not your particular email accounts will transport over via iTunes.

If you are lucky (and I was), just a "Restore" from the most recent backup will solve the problem.

Gordon
Atlanta
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us