The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/initially-i-read-it-that-way-as-well-then-when-30305475.aspx

Subject:  Re: GIngrich: Flip flopped on taxes Date:  10/7/2012  3:32 PM
Author:  TheDope1 Number:  1822048 of 1947356

Initially I read it that way, as well.

Then when several media outlets, including Tax Policy Center that documents speaking with Romney's campaign on tax issues, reported the 20% cut from the 35% rate rather than the 39.6% rate and Romney's campaign hasn't stepped forward to say otherwise, I re-read his tax plan to mean,

"Make permanent across-the-board 20 percent cut in marginal rates." (take out the comma).

Also, going from 39.6 down to 35 is only 11%, not 20%, so that's further evidence he intends for the 20% cut to be from current levels rather than post-expiration levels.

You're picking nits. Actually, when one piles up the nits picked by the media and others over Romney's plans, you could knit a scarf that spans from Chicago to Mexico City.

And this all the while simultaneously talking about decimal tenths in Romney's plan and claiming he's not specific enough.

Can we please adopt one narrative and stick with it?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us