The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Military Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-also-need-your-advice-30305558.aspx

Subject:  I also need your advice Date:  10/7/2012  4:45 PM
Author:  wclark1238 Number:  37326 of 37586

As a result of reading the previous 'advice needed' thread I've discovered that I might be eligible for a service award that didn't even exist when I left the Air Force.

Can anyone advise the process to check on whether I am indeed eligible for this award? I left with an honourable discharge in April 1994 but had deployed to Aviano AB in Italy in support of Operation Provide Promise for which no 'award' was available at that time (although my AF Commendation Medal citation does highlight my work supporting the operation).

It looks to me as though the Armed Forces Service Medal would be applicable for my service during that deployment. Can anyone confirm my thinking based on the information I've shared here and, presuming that I am elegible to receive this award, provide advice as to how I could go about getting my records amended?

To slightly complicate things I'm living outside of the CONUS - in the UK, so I can't 'just' head to the nearest DOD establishment to resolve this.

Many thanks.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us