The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing
|Subject: Re: New Yorker Magazine Cover Next Week||Date: 10/7/2012 9:23 PM|
|Author: rjf53||Number: 64101 of 79422|
Had this been Bush......you and the media would have been relentless on pursuing the issue.
You are simply making crap up. I had a hell of a lot more reservations/questions when Bush decided to invade Iraq and I waited, hoping they knew what they were doing. It was only after much time and many more facts came out that I decided they had indeed screwed up.
1) You think it was perfectly fine for Obama to accuse an unknown obscure third rate movie produced a year ago as the cause of the anti-American violence throughout the Muslim world.
Obama needn't have said anything the protesters were making it quite clear why they were protesting.
2) You believe that there was no request by the embassy personnel to beef up security
I honestly don't know and if there was I have know idea how the request was handled, who made any decisions or the basis for the decisions made.
Do you? If so by all means provide it, but if you can't provide all of the answers to my questions, than this just proves to me you are intent on cherry picking data to fit the story you wish to spread. (I'm not even certain you actually believe it)
3) You believe there was no warning from local Libyan forces that this region was increasingly unstable
And if they did what does this prove if anything. Are you so incredibly naive as to honestly believe we needed the locals to inform us Libya is unstable?
4) You believe there was no reason to increase security and take special precautions on the anniversary of 911.
From what I understand they did and it is SOP to do this every year everywhere around the world. Was it enough in hindsight? No clearly it wasn't, but if that is your standard, than any incident that happens anywhere in the world should be laid at the feet of the President at the time it happens.
5) You believe that prior attacks on this very same embassy were irrelevant to the risk at that same location on 911 anniversary.
I believe that Libya, as many other areas of the world are, is a dangerous place that decent honorable people are doing their very best to make safer. I believe for political purposes you are attempting to besmirch their character & competency with little regard for the truth.
Look I'll say this once again. I want the truth to be known and I especially want the families of the victims to know the truth. The 4 families deserve a honest accounting of what happened and do not deserve to be subjected to people like you or anyone else, speculating about things that you are in no position to know the answers to, for purely political gain.
It's contemptible behavior and you are engaged in it.
End of story.
|Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|