The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / Apple

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/around-here-you-see-iphones-everywhere-what-ive-30305962.aspx

Subject:  Re: Plastic vs aluminum Date:  10/7/2012  11:14 PM
Author:  4aapl Number:  187544 of 203078

Around here you see iPhones everywhere. What I've noticed over the past year is that more and more are being carried around sans case. I used a case on my first iPhone and on none of the other 4 for the reason you state. I love the tactile feel.

I guess it depends on the crowd.

I posted a couple weeks ago about at least 10 of 13 people in a meeting having an iPhone. Every one of those had a case on them.

But everyone there also had a kid in preschool. I know I cringe when my 23 month old brings my iPhone to me, let alone one of the older kids. Today one of them dropped it on our wood floor. It probably wouldn't have been serious, but I'm glad that I have a beefy case on mine, and that my wife not only has that but also has a bumper over it.

Definitely not as sleek as being nude, but I'm not sure both of our 4S's would have made it the 9 months so far if they didn't have drop absorbing cases on them.

8 years ago, or 8 years from now, maybe. But right now they get cased.

Aaron
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us