The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quottheres-really-no-benefit-to-30306047.aspx

Subject:  Re: Katie Talks about NDE's Date:  10/8/2012  12:26 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  647623 of 726041

"There's really no benefit to anyone--eternal or otherwise--from others' NDE experiences." - catherine

I went from no hope to having a high degree of confidence that life is meaningful and that we are here for a reason and that one day I will be reunited with my loved ones that have gone on before me. I believe that counts for something. Makes life a little more bearable.

"Fair 'nuff, but, personally, I'd like my time on this earth to count for something, and I think placing my faith in Jesus Christ will pay off big time when I leave." - catherine

You believe a guy died on a cross and came back to life? And that he taught a whole bunch of stories about what heaven is like? I see very little difference between that and what I believe.

I believe basically that Christianity is a highly embellished and out of sequence near death experience story and that the New Testament is basically another book about a near death experience.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us