The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/group-response-the-flip-side-of-this-is-that-a-30306150.aspx

Subject:  Re: Sauna Date:  10/8/2012  5:00 AM
Author:  tconi Number:  867868 of 883884

Group response

The. Flip side of this is that a Really nice whiskey accomplishes most of the above positives as well....for. about $40/bottle
Warm in winter
Relaxing
Etc
--------------------------------------------
Which option will lead to better sex?

For whom?
GoMC and I have different attitudes twards drinking

(What's the most useless thing on a woman?
A drunken Irishman)

Is there a way to work it into the bathroom remodel?
No - we were hardpressed to figure out how to make a shower fit.

will trigger a relook at the assessment. Increased assessment would result in increased property taxes.

We were *just* reassessed. The remodel takes us from a 3 bedroom 2 bath house, to a 3 bedroom 2 bath house... I doubt the value will change much, since the rest of the house makes the Brady Bunch look updated.

Will installation of the hot tub cause any increased potential liability, hence increased homeowners insurance?

This is a Sauna- no water (that was a digression) -
just electricity. and No.

*Nothing I spend money on is quite as awesome as travel.

I get this. But I also travel plenty as it is. (I know- I do not complain about weekends in Aberdeen/Amsterdam, but with my schedule, I would usually rather be home, maybe in a sauna...)

*I do better work and feel more like myself when I wear nice clothes and accessories and keep my hair and nails done nicely.

I am recently dressing more professionally. but hair & nails remain clean & brushed, and that is all the work i do there.

if you have a pool or sauna in your backyard, then you can use it whenever you want or the mood strikes you

This. If i belonged to a gym that had one, that would be one thing. but I would likely not go exclusively for that.

Have you also considered just spending the extra money on more heat in your house

NEVER!! that is just crazy talk (but yes, i do keep the thermostat low)
Sitting in a sauna is a whole different thing than sitting in a warm house.
Just as sitting in a hot bathtub is different than a hot tub...

saunafool- thanks for the IR suggestion.

peace & considerations
t
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us