The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-do-not-know-the-costbenefit-of-funding-30306176.aspx

Subject:  Re: Defund Catholic Charities? Date:  10/8/2012  7:02 AM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  1822176 of 1966631

I do not know the cost/benefit of funding Catholikc Charities.

I do find it funny however, that those are the first to choose to do so, are those that believe most strongly in an expansive safety net.

Their idea? Take out an organization that tries to help the weakest among us, and does so by combining it's own fairly vast resources and infrastructure to spend that money.

Would we still need to address the issues that Catholic Charities hepls with, except need to do more directly from government? Probably in the view of those that wish to defund Catholic Charities.

Would we get more or less bang for the buck? I do not know, if yes, we should defund Catholic Charities. There is a boatload of free labor with this as with all other charities as most people do not file for their time and expenses while helping charities, gas money, ehhhhhh can't be bothered.

How much do we lose? I am guessing more than we gain. Same goes with removing any deduction for charities. Why ? oohhhhh you hypocrite -- you just said most people do not file!!! But the money men/ organizations do, they grease the skids for all the folks who give away their time and money.

Frankly, I do not understand why folks want to bite their respective noses to spite their faces. But I do not respect liberals at all, so I have no surprise in who wants to hurt their own cause(were helping folks their actual cause) most
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us