The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotas-for-political-science-i-never-even-took-30307583.aspx

Subject:  Re: How Capitalism Can Save Art Date:  10/8/2012  7:16 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  647742 of 748853

"As for Political Science, I never even took a Poli Sci class until my fourth year. I was originally a Microbiology major, so taking Poli Sci would have been useless as I was taking History classes already. It wasn't until I switched to History that I could fit Poli Sci into my schedule." - colovion

Political Science 101 was required otherwise I wouldn't have ever taken it. I think I had to have two history classes so I took History 251 + 252 which was History of the United States up to 1865 and then 252 was like History after 1865 till WWII (if I remember correctly?). It was a LONG time ago. Like 40 years ago? Oh my God was it that long ago? God I'm getting old. I know I had Dr. Emory Thomas for the pre civil war history and he had written a book about it and had his own theories about how the South was changed trying to maintain what they had. The very act of trying to save it - changed it.

Once I got into my major my Junior and Senior years in college my grades/GPA shot up. I loved my Animal Science classes. I did horrible my freshman year, a little better my sophmore year, and then my last two years I tore it up and brought up my GPA and made A's and B's my last two years.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us