The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / Major League Baseball

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/conflicted-30307687.aspx

Subject:  Conflicted Date:  10/8/2012  8:28 PM
Author:  chkNYC Number:  47827 of 52507

I always am conflicted when it comes to post-season games. (I love baseball so I will usually watch at least part of most of the post-season games.) Since the Mets seldom make it, when I watch the games, I can never decide who to cheer for.

I'm a National League fan so that's easy. And since the Nats are in it this year, I'm cheering for them. But sometimes I feel that I shouldn't cheer for the team that won the division that the Mets are in. (I just about never root for the Braves or Phillies when they play in the post-season.)

So today I was watching the game and unfortunately, the Nats were beaten up by the Cardinals. But there was one saving grace - the MVP of the game was one of my favorite former Mets -- Carlos Beltran. (Whenever he is at bat, I loudly cheer "CARL-LOS, CARL-LOS", using my best Spanish voice.) I'm really glad he's doing well with the Cardinals -- hit 2 home runs today. But I would have preferred it if the Nats won, at least I think I would have.

Christina
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us