The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Everyday Ethics

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/crestlinekathy-remember-her-used-to-say-she-30308261.aspx

Subject:  Re: Age is just a number? Date:  10/9/2012  9:10 AM
Author:  legalwordwarrior Number:  4685 of 5037

CrestlineKathy (remember her?) used to say she wouldn't date a man below a certain age, because when someone asked Do you remember where you were when JFK was shot?
She didnt want her BF to say Didnt he die in a plane crash?

I like that! Last night I took DD#2 out to Iola to show me what's left of her car. They had hauled it to the land of the people her BF rents from and I needed to know how to get there for the adjuster, and she wanted me to meet the landlord. He's a guy not alot older than I am and when we hopped out of the car and DD#2 said "D, this is my mom" He grinned and said "I could have sworn that was your sister" I will say one thing for older guys, they know how to use flattery to good advantage ;0)

My personal favorite was always the Norplant.
Five years!

THe mother of our oldest daughter's bestie in high school put the bestie on Norplant her junior year. Poor kid gained 30lbs! I always felt bad for her, at the most socially awkward time of her life, she was also battling her weight in a school full of stick figures.

She went on to marry really early (18) and divorced before she was 22. But, on the bright side, she hasn't gotten pregnant yet.

LWW
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us