The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/could-it-be-that-citi-created-this-system-in-an-30309034.aspx

Subject:  Re: Question about cash back cards Date:  10/9/2012  2:03 PM
Author:  vkg Number:  306044 of 308557

Could it be that Citi created this system in an attempt to push away responsible card members who charge a lot ($30,000+ a year) but pay it off at all times (in my mind it seems reasonable that someone looking at cards thinking $300 reward [$30,000 a year spending] limit will prevent them from cashing in all their spending are probably the upper middle class to rich types who can just pay off their card every month). Those members will look for other cards that offer better rewards for their excessive spending.

I think I understand what you are saying, but the way it is phrased is confusing. Everyone should not charge what they can't afford to pay.

It isn't unusual for regular expenses (insurance, utilities, food) to be charged. If only one card is being used, it doesn't take being upper middle class to reach the limit. Also, those that travel for business often have to use their own card and file for reimbusement.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us