The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Buying and Maintaining a Car

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/last-one-replacing-a-totaled-honda-accord-was-a-30309229.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Where do you buy used cars? Date:  10/9/2012  3:06 PM
Author:  wecoguy Number:  69524 of 71045

Last one, replacing a totaled Honda Accord, was a lightly used Civic from the local Honda dealer... The Accord we had leased, then bought it at the end...

Just before that, craigslist came through after searching all over the area dealers... needed a Crew F150 w/4x4, tow package, as in larger fuel tank... Young family in Napa, company was giving him a PU, so he wanted out from under the one he listed... Took it to my independent mechanic to check it out, some minor issues, so we dove in, took some time for the seller to pay off, get the registration clear, but in the end we worked it out, everyone happy... Been a great vehicle, I added tow mirrors, brake controller, replaced the windshield, new tires, looks, acts like new.. I had some bad spark coils, fun to learn about, but it's all fixed, learned a lot.. Short trip to the coast next weekend...

So we check all sources, really... Never know what might pop up!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us