The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/lol-never-mind-those-ungrateful-employees-who-30309502.aspx

Subject:  Re: The 29.5 hour work week Date:  10/9/2012  5:12 PM
Author:  Hawkwin Number:  1822658 of 1968198

LOL. Never mind those ungrateful employees who are giving up half their waking lives for an employer who may think so little of them as to cut their hours short so as to minimize money "wasted" on the welfare of their workforce.

In this employer-centric dream world, the employer is the king of the castle; lord of the fiefdom; and employees are utterly expendable and replacable serfs who should bow and scrape to their benefactors.

Funny.

I met with an immigrant yesterday that use to work in the kitchen for a local eatery.

She now owns three restaurants of her own and she mentioned that she was concerned about the expenses she might face under the new rules. I told her that thankfully, she does not employ enough people that it will matter - but it obviously would hurt her business if she opened a 4th shop under the same TIN and that took her over 50 employees.

So I must ask, is she one of those king of the castle types or is she the lowly serf in your opinion?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us