The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotthis-is-where-you-lose-me-every-time-just-30309576.aspx

Subject:  Re: The dinner table Date:  10/9/2012  5:47 PM
Author:  nigelwhalmsley Number:  1822680 of 1947664

"This is where you lose me every time. Just because you hated the wars doesn't mean it was bad times for us.

the only bad time was the mortgage/financial crisis!!!! which Bush didn't create or cause."

The worst economic decline since the great depression happened on Bush' watch. Yes, bad times for us, in case you missed it. No, it was not all his fault, but he did NOTHING to address it. His weird fixation on Saddam excluded any rational handling of the economy. The mortgage crisis was not the only economic issue we had, it was simply additive.

You keep repeating that Bush didn't create or cause it, and I keep telling you he was President at the time, did nothing to stop it or minimize it, he just kept spending like a drunken sailor. Let me repeat - we had an enormous economic crisis going on, and he just kept spending like a drunken sailor.

Not sure how I can 'lose you' on these facts. Tell me again, why do we want another GOP President???
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us