The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Help With This Home Theater

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/chatting-with-you-has-been-is-fun-michaelr-30309944.aspx

Subject:  Re: Why not Marantz? Date:  10/9/2012  9:17 PM
Author:  RocketsMomma Number:  9675 of 10516

Chatting with you has been (is) fun.

MichaelR

Yeah, I'm having a blast, too. And once I buy my AVR I won't disappear because there's still setting it up and tweaking it. It's a lot more involved than the Sony's test tones and decibel selection.

Then there's the possibility of a blu-ray player in my future. I think DH feels that continuing my upgrades is not stopping here. In the words of agent Smith "it is inevitable." Of course he doesn't realize the one I'm looking at now (still the RX-v571) is a 7.1 system. So hey, I could be buying more speakers maybe next year, or the year after, who knows?

Now I've even thinking how to re-arrange our living room to get us closer to the TV. We are farther than optimum for a 42" screen (DH thinks the optimum seating recommendations are another marketing ploy). I'm not sure it's possible though without throwing out the sofa and I think my dogs would rebel.

Then there's finding a solution to the ancient VCR. DVR would be nice but so far everything I've read is not promising. But let's not get into that now.

So it looks like you guys are stuck with me.

Thanks to you and 1poorguy for continuing my education.

RM
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us