The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Help With This Home Theater

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/unless-you-see-something-glaring-this-one-looks-30309957.aspx

Subject:  Re: Black Friday is too Far Away!! Date:  10/9/2012  9:28 PM
Author:  MichaelRead Number:  9676 of 10534

Unless you see something glaring this one looks pretty good to me.

RM

I’d say your search is over. Choose it.

There’s nothing on the items list that would say ‘don’t get it’. Lots of inputs (composite, component, HDMI) so if you upgrade other electronics later you will have the means to do so. Good power range for mains and surrounds. YPAO speaker balancing, upscaling to 1080p, high-end audio codecs, sub pre-out, deep color, and more.

As for heat. Unless you’re driving huge speakers at high volume don’t worry. I’d make sure the amp can breathe but I’d do that with any modern amp.

All in all it would be my choice also. It will make a huge difference in your system and you’ll be surprised at how good your TV is with it.

What we haven’t discussed is sound fields. The RX-V571 has 17 and while you won’t use most of them some are spectacular when used for certain movies. That you’ll enjoy. Plus, and hold me to this, your sub will be more sub-ish.

So when does the friendly UPS guy come?

MichaelR
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us