The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thank-you-so-much-stetson-i-have-actually-watched-30310015.aspx

Subject:  Re: Hey Art... Date:  10/9/2012  10:17 PM
Author:  ariechert Number:  647966 of 744303

Thank you so much Stetson. I have actually watched several videos with Dr. Eben Alexander. He had a fairly deep and profound NDE so it really changed him. That is one of the aftereffects of the experience regardless of one's former beliefs. It really doesn't make any difference if one is an atheist or not, something incredibly profound happens when we die and I don't believe it's a simple hallucination or wishful thinking generated by the brain. If that were true then why don't people just hallucinate "here" stuff instead of "there" stuff? Why don't they simply hallucinate that they are back home with their families and loved ones that are still alive rather than these "too good to be true" experiences? People say they knew that they were dead, that they didn't want to come back, that they felt an overwhelming feeling of love, oneness, connectedness, etc.

Thanks again, Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us