The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/andrew-wrote-whatever-you-focus-your-attention-30310224.aspx

Subject:  Re: Katie Talks about NDE's Date:  10/10/2012  2:19 AM
Author:  CCinOC Number:  647986 of 744961

Andrew wrote: Whatever you focus your attention on, that is what you see and experience. "As a man thinketh, so is he."

That's a reasonable question, Andrew. After all, we live on a planet populated by approximately six billion people, most of whom have never heard of Jesus Christ. What about them? Obviously, they can't respond to the message of the Gospel, even though they might be willing to do so if presented with the prospect. What will happen to these people? Will they be lost eternally? Or will God make some kind of “special allowance” so that they can be saved and thereby enjoy eternity in Heaven with Him and His Son?

Although the Bible never explicitly says that someone who has never heard of Jesus can be saved, I believe it infers this. I'm pretty certain that every person, in his heart of hearts, knows where he stands with God. S/he knows whether there's a clear relationship there or not. I don't think God will exclude anyone because s/he happened to be born at the wrong place and at the wrong time and so never heard of Jesus Christ but s/he will be judged according to his/her relationship with God.

But that doesn't apply to you or anyone else who has heard the Gospel and understands what's required to be reconciled with God so, really, the question is moot.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us