The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/duma-your-latest-endeavor-to-smear-obama-reminds-30310528.aspx

Subject:  Re: Benghazi Nigthmare Date:  10/10/2012  9:43 AM
Author:  rjf53 Number:  64191 of 72167

Duma,

Your latest endeavor to smear Obama reminds me of the famous Lenin quote where he stated that “Capitalists will sell us the rope which we will hang them.”

So now we know, if this account is anywhere near accurate, that your attempt at throwing any and all accusations against the wall in hope some might stick has been revealed for what it is.

Your claim of unarmed guards on orders from the State Department…baseless.

Your claim of only 3 or 4 guards when 5 were called for…baseless.

Your claim of the use of private security playing a role in the outcome…baseless.

Your claim that special precautions weren’t taken…baseless.

So you are now reduced to your complaining about how long it took the Obama administration to describe it as a terrorist attack as if that would somehow alter the outcome.

Even with that, the question has been asked and answered…

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told a conference in Florida on Tuesday that there was no advanced warning about the Libya attack.

He scoffed at media portrayals of him as "hapless and hopeless" for acknowledging on September 28 a shift in the intelligence assessment of the Benghazi assault, calling it a deliberate terrorist attack instead of an event stemming from spontaneous protest, as initially thought.

Clapper suggested it was unrealistic for anyone to expect the U.S. intelligence community to have a "a God's eye, God's ear certitude" right after an attack like the one in Libya.

To be fair, I don’t know yet how credible this account is either although the level of detail makes me inclined to believe that it may indeed be much closer to the truth. What it does show(if true) is the attack was large enough and sophisticated enough that even a force of 60 was unable to secure the perimeter and the attack extended well beyond the compound.

So in lay mans terms Duma I’d say you ain’t got sh1t and you need not take my word for it because you can simply read the rope , oops, I meant the source that you have provided me.

Except of course for that “God’s eye, God's ear certitude” of yours.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us