The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotscrew-em-all-and-enjoy-yourself-unless-30310589.aspx

Subject:  Re: Hey Art... Date:  10/10/2012  10:08 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  648024 of 744743

"Screw em all and enjoy yourself. Unless your joy is not enjoying yourself. You like filet mignon? Steal it! If you are busted? You were meant to go to prison anyway it was all predestined. That is why discussing beliefs is so very difficult in this type of forum. While I know this does not represent your philosophy from all surface appearances, it encapsulates it quite well, it is always easy to tear down or conversely skim the surface positively." lowstudent
--------------

I've tried that and it doesn't work. Unfortunately I've got a conscious that works. I've tried being immoral and my damn conscious kicks in and makes me feel guilty about it. Like when I had sex with that married woman when I was nineteen years old. One part of me wanted to keep doing it and the other part of me told me "this is wrong and no good can come of it." The moral part of me won and so we only did it one time. Of course I was fired a week later. I suspicion that if I had kept boinking the wife my tenure at the swimming pool company would have been a whole lot longer.

Artie
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us