The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quoti-think-it-is-a-great-conversation-on-the-30310658.aspx

Subject:  Re: Hey Art... Date:  10/10/2012  10:32 AM
Author:  ariechert Number:  648035 of 736968

"I think it is a great conversation, on the rare occurrence that you have folks of good will that can discuss this openly. In fact at an RECF summit, I could imagine us all drinking ourselves into a coma discussing and picking it up again in the morning and it still be interesting. IMO, This is just a lousy forum in general for this type of intricate topic." lowstudent

It's just something I'm interested in. That and the price of chicken leg quarters. I like talking about sales at grocery stores, where to get the best buys. I also like talking about movies and TV shows, cooking, Florida, snorkeling, places to retire, travel, etc.

I have actually been reading all of Fleg's posts about Prague and Austria and the Iron Curtain and stuff like that. I wouldn't want to go there myself but it is fun to read about it.

I also like and enjoy Andrew's posts about Chicago and where he goes out to eat and how much it costs. It's amazing to me he can live there on ~ $24,000/year. Who knew? He does a lot of walking, which I know is healthy, but there is no way my hips and back would hold out with all that walking. If I lived there I'd probably do a whole lot more cooking. I'd have to get one of those two wheeled grocery carts like my mom used to have - to haul groceries back to my apartment to cook. If I lived in the same building as Andrew I'd invite him up to enjoy my cooking.

And I like reading about Chadron, Nebraska. I think I'm sort of in love with Catmeyoo. What a woman. Her posts are so interesting. I even read the ones where she talks about music and musicians. We sort of have the same taste in music, except for the jazz and blues stuff. Anyway Catmeyoo is a sweetheart.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us