The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Conservative Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/rosen-didnt-call-obama-a-liar-vile-did-rosen-30310667.aspx

Subject:  Re: Shocker: Zero the Actual Liar Date:  10/10/2012  10:34 AM
Author:  xLife Number:  107190 of 137221

Rosen didn't call Obama a liar. Vile did. Rosen says the Obama campaign misrepresented his study in a press release.
---
And you wonder why people think you're only interested in playing word games.

Umm... I'm not playing word games. You know what a "lie" is, right? It's not a misinterpretation of data. Rosen didn't say the Obama campaign lied. He said "I can't tell how the Obama campaign reached that characterization of my work." Campaigns spin studies all the time. Romney misrepresented a more than a few in the debate.

My point is about confirmation bias. When Romney does it, his supporters don't see it, or they rationalize it. The reverse is true for Obama. In the case we're discussing, the Obama campaign cites a study (among several) that they claim show that Romney's tax plan will raise taxes on the middle class.* One author of the study is saying: hold on, my study doesn't say exactly that.

For you and Vile and others that means Obama is telling a lie. But you almost completely ignore similar and worse Romney whoppers. That's confirmation bias. Get it yet?

Seriously? It would take less time to list ways that he hasn't failed.

Okay. Just list the tope three failures.

*You don't need a study for that. Just common sense. If you cut taxes for people earning $250K+ and increase spending (Romney surely will do both) to remain revenue neutral the money has to come from somewhere: higher taxes on everyone else.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us